Saturday, December 20, 2008

The importance of thinking about ones spouse

There was a point at which the movie GWB struck me. It was when GWB at one point was seeking attention and approval from his father and yet his father was only paying attention to his brother.

In that case it was the emotional that mattered. The instant response that shows who you are thinking about.

I recently bought my spouse a glass rose. When I saw it I immediately thought of my wife and I went back and bought it for her later on. It was only a 20 dollar gift, but it had a very large emotional impact on us both and I think that it improved our relationship from a couple of issues we have had.

I think the lesson is that you should never let problems with your spouse get to you. You both work off of a set of expectations towards the other. And if one person is doing badly and changing those expectations for the worse you probably will need to show your emotions and change things for the worse. Because that is honest and honesty is important in relationships.

But once that honesty is done you should do something to reset things and show that you still care and that you are still thinking about her.

No comments: